“Towards Smarter, Resilient and Economic Power Systems”
Call For Papers
The following outlines some areas that capture the theme of this conference. The organising committee invites prospective authors to submit original contributions in these areas or in topics that reflect broadly PES technical interests.
• Smart Grid Standards
• Technologies for smarter generation, transmission and distribution operations
• Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) for Smart Grid
• Cyber and physical security for electricity systems
• Advanced Metering Infrastructures (AMI), Demand Response (DR)
• Energy efficiency, Home and building energy management systems
• Grid Integration for Electric Vehicles and storage
• Asset Management, Intelligent Monitoring and Outage Management
• Simulation platform and Energy System Planning
Resilience to major disturbances:
• Disaster prevention and control
• Power system recovery following large scale outages
• Solutions to predict and prevent system blackout
• Power system dynamic and transient stability both angular and voltage
• Power system protection, control and operation
• Operational challenges and solutions for addressing supply supply variability
• Insulation Technology
• Diagnosis Technology, Life Assessment, Condition Monitoring and Maintenance of Equipment
• Flexible AC Transmission System (FACT) and other Power Electronics Technology
• Power system simulation and modeling
Economics and Markets:
• Recent developments and experiences in international electricity markets
• Ancillary services and capacity market
• Scarcity pricing and mechanisms for detecting and managing market power
• Economics of wind and solar power generation
• Other renewable energy source development
• Grid infrastructure development for accommodating large scale renewables
• Private participation in generation development
• Emission Trading Scheme (ETS)
Authors, are requested to submit papers upto a maximum of 6 full pages electronically through the submission link to be provided in the conference website. All papers must be prepared in accordance with the procedures outlined in the template provided there. Accepted and presented papers will be published in the IEEE Xplore digital library.
Papers submitted to the POWERCON 2012 conference will be peer reviewed. The review is made on full papers. Experts from the International Advisory Board, and an appointed Reviewer Pool will participate in the review process. Authors will be informed of acceptance or rejection of their papers by 30th June 2012. Final paper submission will need to be made by 30th July 2012. At least one author of each paper MUST complete the registration online for the conference and making appropriate payment on or before August 5, 2012.
The official language of the Conference is English.
Authors are advised to go through the following information regarding submission :
• Papers should be formatted according to template which can be downloaded from here. The submitted manuscript may not exceed 6 pages in length. Papers not conforming to this template will not be considered for review.
• Submitted papers should be written in English, and in PDF file format. The maximum size of the file is 2 MB.
• Name your file as follows: Family Name_First Two Words of the Paper’s Title (e.g. Kumar_Smart_Protection). Use only the English alphabet A-Z.
• After the submission, an acknowledgement of receipt will be sent to the corresponding author’s email address. All information related to the paper will be sent to the corresponding author only.
• Prior to final submission, all papers must be converted into an IEEE Xplore compatible PDF format. The authors will be required to sign and submit the IEEE copyright form upon submission of the final version of the paper. Further detailed information about the final submission process will be sent to the corresponding author of the selected papers following the review process.