POWERCON 2012 IEEE PES Student Support
Student Support Options
The subsidized reduced student registration fees has been made possible primarily to ensure that all POWERCON2012 Student/GOLD/WIE attendees pay the most economical conference registration fees but at the same time enjoy maximum participation, deriving all benefits of attending this premier Asia-Pacific (IEEE R10) Power System conference. The registration fee structure for the students (shown below) is arrived bearing this in mind.
|IEEE and IEEE PES Student Members||
* Early Bird until 20th August 2012
The full program of activities for students attending are currently being finalized that include trade-exhibit interaction, industry lunches, best poster awards, best paper presentation awards, Graduate of Last Decade (GoLD) and Women In Engineering (WIE) activities, industry tour (if schedule permits), leadership workshop and industry CEO breakfast networking etc. Thanks to the IEEE PES support for a joint Student/GOLD/WIE program some funds are available to support these activities. The support is especially for students who are attending the conference for presenting their papers and participating in the POWERCON 2012 events. These include vouchers to the Conference Banquet on Day 3 (November 1), travel subsidies and accomodation vouchers. To avail of these opportunities all Student attendees needs to apply.
Application Procedure for POWERCON2012 IEEE PES Student Support Program:
- Please download the form that includes a short statement why you should be considered for the Student Support Program
- Please send signed and scanned forms along with your latest resume to Prof. Tek Lie (firstname.lastname@example.org) by
31st July 2012(EXTENDED TO 5th AUGUST 2012 under popular request)
- Decision of successful applicants and their support package will be emailed by
5th(10th) of August 2012 (well before the Early bird registration closes)
- All papers which have a student as the first author and the student is participating in the Conference will be automatically considered for the best student paper presentation or poster award (based on if the paper was slotted for presentation or poster).